2018-19 Program Coordinator Application
We are currently seeking CCO program coordinators for the 2018-19 academic year!
Program coordinators are the heart of the CCO. Each of our 12 programs is run by 2-3 coordinators. Coordinators help organize volunteer opportunities by forming and maintaining relationships with non-profits and community partners, recruiting and managing volunteers, and planning advocacy and educational events throughout the year. Most of this communication is through email, but can also include face-to-face meetings and phone calls.
Coordinators are expected to dedicate 3-5 hours per week on program-related activities: spending two office hours in the CCO office working on program tasks, attending coordinator meetings every other Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m., and attending various volunteering or CCO promotional events throughout the semester, including tabling, spring and fall retreats, and Super Service Saturday (August 25).
You can check out each of the programs by checking out the CCO program page. Some programs have additional requirements or suggested qualifications which can be found below:
- CAAS – event-planning and outreach experience preferred, interest in social justice and advocacy suggested
- Create – coordinators supervise volunteering at the Ballard Center and Hilltop Child Development Center depending on availability
- Discover – coordinators supervise hour-long lessons in elementary schools a few days per month, as well as attending volunteering that can be split among coordinators according to availability
- Earth – previous gardening experience preferred, access to a truck would be helpful
- Jubilee Cafe – coordinators must be able to attend and supervise Jubilee Cafe once a week (Tuesday or Friday) from 6:00 – 8:00 a.m.
- MILK (Mentors in the Lives of Kids) – coordinators are required to attend and supervise the MILK Holiday Party in early-December
The application will close on Sunday, April 22 at 5:00 p.m. You will be subsequently contacted by the CCO Co-directors to schedule an interview. If you are selected to be a program coordinator, you will be invited to the CCO turnover meeting on Tuesday, May 1st at 7:00 p.m. in the Jay (first floor of the Kansas Union). If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email the CCO Co-Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the current coordinators to ask about a specific program.