The Center for Community Outreach operates the Campus Cupboard, KU’s volunteer run food pantry, every Thursday from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Located in the inclusive and welcoming Lutheran Campus Ministry, located at 1421 W 19th Street, the Cupboard works to provide nutritious food to all members of the community! All KU students, faculty, staff, and community members are welcome to free meals, ingredients, snacks, and produce.
Also check out Campus Cupboard on Wheels the first Monday of every month from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. at Lot 65 to pick up free ingredients.
Ikigai Noodle graciously offers a DIY Noodle Kitchen on Thursdays from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. as well, requesting a completely optional $2 donation for a big bowl of ramen!
If you are interested in volunteering, contact the Campus Cupboard coordinators here.
Additional Food Resources
Douglas County has many initiatives to combat hunger and food insecurity! In addition to obtaining food assistance at the Campus Cupboard, catered towards KU students, you can…
- Click here to see other resources available through Just Food, including
- Visit the Ecumenical Campus Ministries for free Veggie Lunch every Thursday from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at 1204 Oread Ave.
- Join Jubilee Cafe, a CCO community breakfast program that welcomes many KU volunteers, for breakfast from 6:00 – 8:00 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church
- Come for lunch with LINK at 1:00 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday at First Christian Church on 10th and Kentucky
- See if you are eligible for and apply for SNAP benefits, formerly the Food Stamp Program
- Check out Harvesters Find Food link to access other food resources
If you need help finding the right resource for you, simply email Just Food using this contact form.